Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Thankful Heart Altered Album by Shelley Hamilton


Hi everyone!  Shelley here with an altered album with Renae Lindgren's Thankful Heart fall collection!
RL-Thankful-Heart-SneakPeek

 
First, I began with a chipboard book(this one is by Heart of Texas Studio).  I papered this page with Thankful Heart from the same collection.  I love this paper!  It looks like a quilt with hearts in many of the squares.  Adorable!  I cut an oval in the front of the album to provide a place for the photo to show through.  I used CI's Eye Candy all the way around the picture--with the high quality of these bling pieces, it fashions a nice watch with a diamond bezel!  I used various colors of Maya Road twine over the dotted/dashed lines on the paper.
The title, "Days of Autumn" is from the sticker sheet, and once again, I matted it on white cardstock, then glued it to the top of the album.  I used a few canvas leaves that I painted with Luminarte Twinkling H2Os to embellish around the oval mat.
The chipboard pumpkin is by Maya Road.  I painted this with Luminarte Twinkling H2O in Orange Peel.  I actually let it dry, and then put on an additional application a few times.  Again, I let it dry, then I smeared Viva's Glass Effect Gel in Carmine all over it.  I then painted over it a couple more times with the Orange Peel.  With this type of application, I got a nice heavy texture with lovely shine!  I used Guatamalan H2O for the stem.  I let the pumpkin TOTALLY dry.  Then, I used Viva Pearl Pens in Kiwi, Sunny Yellow, and Carmine to make the dots on the pumpkin.  I then tied a small piece of May Arts ribbon through the hole in the stem of the pumpkin, and pop-dotted it to the front of the book.

DSC_1145
Here is a close-up of the pumpkin.

  DSC_1146
On this page, I used the Family Tree paper, and a sticker from the sticker sheet to embellish.  I also some little wooden buttons, twine, and some little die cut butterflies that I painted with Luminarte H20s!

DSC_1147

On this page, I used a couple of different patterns from the Thankful Heart paper line-Family Tree and Fall Leaves.  I also used the cute "Together" sticker from the sticker sheet from this collection.  I used more twine and some ribbon on this page for embellishment.  I painted the leaf with Luminarte Twinkling H2O in Sunburst.  After it dried, I rubbed Viva Pearl Pen in Sunny Yellow all over the leaf--thickly!  I then used Viva Glass Effect Gel in Carmine for the berries.

  DSC_1149
On this page, I used the Fall Feast paper.  I also used a frame from Life's Journey Die Cut package, and two from Life as Art Die Cut package, and painted them with Luminarte H20s!

DSC_1155
Here is another page from the album.  On this page, I used another pretty sheet of paper from the Thankful Heart line.  I matted the photo, then embellished simply with ribbon and a sticker from the sticker sheet.  The chipboard leaf is by Maya Road, and I sprayed it with Luminarte Radiant Rain Shimmering Mist in Autumn Leaf.

  DSC_1157
On the back of the album, I used the Fall Leaves paper.  I also used a Mixaparts pod filled with glass beads and a key resin shape!
I hope you enjoyed looking at this album!  I've enjoyed sharing it with you!
Products Used:
Fall Leaves paper from Thankful Heart Collection
Family Tree paper from Thankful Heart Collection
Fall Feast paper from Thankful Heart Collection
Thankful Heart paper from Thankful Heart Collection
Radiant Rain Shimmering Mist Luminarte in Autumn Leaf
Life's Journey Resin Shapes
Petite Twinkling H20 in Sunburst
Life's Journey DC Shapes
Life as Art DC Shapes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Macy Scraps, too!

Macy Scraps, too!
Here was Macy a couple of years ago...ready to scrap at The Crafty Scrapper in Waxahachie!