Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Shell Seekers Layout and Card



Here is an exciting SNEAK-PEEK from Marah Johnson - Shell Seekers Collection!
This beautiful sea collection is teeming with color and opportunities to show off your most cherished beach pictures.  Take a look!!
Here is my layout, where I used several pieces of the paper and the sticker sheet , and I had a great time doing it!
I started with the Sea Horse paper for the background.  I took another piece of the same paper, but opposite side, to create the strip of blue background for my pictures.  I tucked the strip under the edges of the sea life on each side of the background paper by using a xacto knife.  I then matted the pictures on white.
Under the pictures, I used the Lighthouse paper, and made fringe with it.  I glued it down, then covered it with Viva Colour Stone Effect Paste in Sand Stone, putting actual tiny shells in the sand! 
The title for the page, and the round picture corners that are shells, came from the sticker sheet for this collection.  To adhere the shell to the title sticker, I used just a bit of the Stone Effect Paste again.  It works wonderfully to stick the shells on the paper!
I used Viva Colour Paper Pen in Sand to make the yellow dots on the coral on the left-hand side of the page.  On the bottom of the page, I used a Pink Paper Pen to again make a coral piece come alive!  On the right hand side, on the jellyfish, I used a Pearl Pen in Gold, and  Paper Pen in Opal!  I love these pens, as they have great versatility, and come in a nice array of exquisite colors!!
I hoped you enjoyed this sneak peak of our new SHELL SEEKER Collection by Marah Johnson!



Splash of Color Products Used:
Lighthouse Paper from SHELL SEEKERS Collection
Sea Horse Paper from SHELL SEEKERS Collection
Sticker Sheet from SHELL SEEKERS Collection
Viva Colour Paper Pen in Sand
Viva Colour Paper Pen in Pink
Viva Colour Paper Pen in Opal
Viva Colour Stone Efffect Paste in Sand Stone
Wood Travel Stickers






No comments:

Post a Comment

Macy Scraps, too!

Macy Scraps, too!
Here was Macy a couple of years ago...ready to scrap at The Crafty Scrapper in Waxahachie!