Thursday, March 1, 2012

TCU Birthday Album for Evan


For Evan's 10th birthday(on Feb. 18th), we rented the porch area behind 1st base at the TCU baseball game, and we had his party there.  I made him this book for his party.  I used a pocket from my Dad's jeans(my Dad passed almost 5 years ago, and I miss him like crazy!) for the front of the album.

I attached our tickets to the game with a Tim Holtz metal accessory, and tucked them into the pocket.  The goodie bags that we got for the kids at the party had baseball cards in them, and I put a set in the pocket after the party.  I stamped the letters with a Tim Holtz stamp set on grunge board, inked them, and affixed the letters to the front of the blue jean pocket.

I cut up a baseball that had the TCU mascot on it, and put it in a Maya Road large bottlecap on the pocket, as well.  I got crazy and bought a sewing machine a couple of weeks ago, and started sewing on this album.  I have been wanting to learn, and there wasn't a more perfect time.  I was reading the instructions like a serious nerd!  I took Home Economics in high school for like one semester...(keep in mind that I'm a math geek), and remembered nothing!  Anyway, it turned out pretty well, and I'll be sewing on my pages like a crazy person! 

Evan got to throw out the first pitch at the TCU game, and he got his catcher(one of the actual college players) to sign his ball.  You can see how proud he is!

Dedication page...mushy stuff!


I had everybody at the party sign the book for him!  I used some of the crepe paper decorations in his book...sewed it to some purple ribbon!  Oh, yeah!


Cool pic!

Evan also got to run around the bases carrying the TCU flag during the 7th inning break...


Super frog and Evan...yeah, I said it!   Napkin that I put in his book after I SEWED ribbon edges onto.

More baseball cards hanging from another metal hook.

There's my little star!

1 comment:

  1. awesome book, and i love that you included the pocket from your dads jeans.

    ReplyDelete

Macy Scraps, too!

Macy Scraps, too!
Here was Macy a couple of years ago...ready to scrap at The Crafty Scrapper in Waxahachie!