Friday, November 9, 2012

"Courage is Power" Card for Breast Cancer Awareness Month

"Courage is Power" card for World Card Day!!

Shelley here with a card for World Card Day and Breast Cancer awareness month!


 For my "Courage is Power" card, I began with several different papers from the 6"x6" paper pad from the "Beautiful You" collection by Christine Adolf.  This paper is absolutely gorgeous!  I used several different border punches on some of the edges of the papers, then assembled them on the card as shown.  I used the "Courage" cut out from the same paper pad, and matted it with the pink paper from the Dots and Stripes Warm 6"x6" paper pad.  I then pop-dotted it to the card, and placed a couple of pink flowers underneath.
 Toward the bottom right-hand part of the card, I used a set of gates from the Life as Art Die Cut shapes.  I painted them with Silks Acrylic Glaze in Pink Grapefruit.  I used 2 small pieces of eye candy on the doors.
 Under the doors is a pod from the Mixaparts system.  I started with a small circle cut out from the 6"x6" "Beautiful You" paper pad.  I painted it with Pink Azalea Twinkling H20.  I then used an overlay from the Shabby Chic prepack and a white resin piece from the Majesty Resin set.  I put a few glass beads in the pod, then glued it closed.  I used a 1" hole punch in the card, and glued the pod in from the back.  On the inside of the doors, I used some Oceanside Words and painted it with the Pink Azalea twinkling H20.
I was really pleased with the finished project!!  I enjoyed sharing this project with you!
Have a great day!
Shelley Hamilton

 Products Used:
"Beautiful You" 6"x6" paper pad
Dots and Stripes Warm 6"x6" paper pad
Life as Art DC Shapes
SILKS Acrylic Glaze in Grapefruit
Twinkling H20 in Pink Azalea
Eye candy
Pods 3-pack #29617
Shabby Chic prepack #29613
Majesty Resin #29624
Paint It "Oceanside Words" Stickers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Macy Scraps, too!

Macy Scraps, too!
Here was Macy a couple of years ago...ready to scrap at The Crafty Scrapper in Waxahachie!